Friday 11 January 2013

Two Weeks!

Well, 16 days if I'm to be pedantic about it.

Sixteen short days in which to finish three exams (eek!), pack my suitcase(s, let's be honest here), and run around like a headless chicken repeating the traveller's mantra "passport, money, tickets". 
Oh, and 16 days to get the maximum cuddles from my cat Edmund before I leave him in the capable (?) and caring hands of my boyfriend, Nick, for the next five months. 

When I first applied to university I must admit the location of study exchanges was fairly high up my checklist of essentials, so I had been planning to study abroad from the beginning; and, as an unashamed francophile, France or a French speaking country was always the intention. Long have I enjoyed daydreams of cycling through the streets of Paris in the sunshine, with my dress billowing around me, books in my basket accompanied by a little something from the patisserie. I might have overly romanticised the city but I am darn well determined to make the reality live up to the fantasy.

I've done my homework, found an apartment, know what I shall need with regard to opening a bank account, claiming APL, and where I need to go for my first day at university so why am I still nervous? 

1 comment: